I have known all along the benefits of gratitude and those of you that know me are aware of my many art journals with much display of gratitude found within. It is an amazing journey to be able to do what I love (artwork) and add gratitude journaling to the mix.
There are many benefits of journaling and I will share just a few here:
- Reduces stress
- Increases focus
- Allows you to re-experience the past with today’s adult mind
- Balance and harmonizes
- Builds self-confidence
- Acts as your own counselor
- Brings out natural beauty and wisdom
- Helps identify your values
- Aids in connecting cause and effect
- Awakens the inner voice
- Directs intention and discernment
I love to journal and I get excited about adding my artwork to each page. For the past couple of years I have sat down with a nice glass of wine on New Year’s Eve and viewed my journaling for the past year. I reflect on the learning and growth I have done during the year. Many times I get a Ah Ha moment. It’s all good.